There is nothing in the world like the Great Minnesota Get-Together. So, imagine my excitement when Natalie and Bryan chose to celebrate their engagement with a Minnesota State Fair Engagement Photo Session! It was the perfect place to let loose, get some mini donuts and french fries, and well, have an amazing time!
Pro tips if you’re going to have an engagement or photo session somewhere like the State Fair:
- Bring a friend! They can help you feel relaxed and carry your things for you (additional outfits, purse, wallet, etc.) so you don’t have to worry about misplacing anything!
- Get your tickets in advance! Try to choose a day of the week or time of day that will be a bit less crowded so you can move around without being held back by crowds!
- Decide if you’re willing to be there, rain or shine. On the day we went, there was a 20-30% chance of rain and we went for it! It sprinkled a bit so we pulled out the umbrella, and then we got a steamy sunset!
- Have a general plan. Natalie and Bryan knew they wanted to visit a couple specific exhibits, get mini donuts and fries, and go to Midway for games!
- Bring a second outfit! You’re already there, so you may as well get some variety in your photographs!
- Be ready for the unexpected! There are all kinds of parades, displays, and whatnot that go on at the Fair all the time. Make sure you allow yourselves lots of time to be flexible, and have an awesome time!
Check out their photos! After this session, I am especially pumped for their wedding in July 2022!
Ready for your Minnesota State Fair Engagement photo session, or have another unique idea? I’m ready to hear from you!